The following Customer Care Centres are open to the public from 8:00 to 15:30:
- Mfanasekhaya Gqobose (old City Treasure). Govan Mbeki Avenue, Central, Port Elizabeth
- Korsten office, Ablett Street, Korsten (at Traffic Department & Library opposite Livingstone hospital)
- Uitenhage office, Uitenhage City Hall
- Thusong Centre Motherwell, corner Maku Road and Tyinirha Road, NU4B
- New Brighton, Ntshekisa Road
- Kwanobuhle, Ponana Tini Road, next to Fire Station
- Despatch Centre at Despatch Townhall
- Cleary Park office in the Cleary Park Shopping Centre
- Walmer Heugh Road- opposite 6th Avenue Shopping Centre
The following services are offered at these centres:
Readings must be submitted by way of an automated facility. No manual (Emailed) meter reading can be accepted.
Please note that the account must already be registered to submit readings by way of any of the following automated platforms:
1. Download the NMBM Mobile Application from Google Play or App Store onto your cell phone and register on the App. A pin number will be sent to you by SMS and the relevant pin can be used to submit readings via your cell phone.
2. NMBM website: Go to Account Services (IVR) under the e-services tab. A pin number will be sent to you by SMS, which can be utilised to submit readings on your cell phone or on the NMBM website
3. Telephonically: Please dial 041-506 5528 and use your pin to submit your reading/s on the automated menu by using the same pin as indicated above.
4. Once registered, a monthly SMS will be sent requesting the reading within 5 days from receiving the SMS. Do not submit the reading before the SMS is received or later than 5 days of receiving the sms, or the reading will not be processed.
Please use WireIt and IVR to purchase prepaid electricity from your cell phone. PLEASE NOTE: Prepaid electricity for NMBM meters cannot be purchased from any banking app.
|Click on the image to view the brochure||Click on the image to view the brochure||Click on the image to view the brochure|
How to log a municipal Account query
Email query to:
An automated response will be sent from the above mentioned email address to confirm that your e-mail has been received and is receiving the necessary attention.
We will attempt to reply to your query within 7 working days.
An email response with the necessary information, or an SMS should query be referred, will be received once query is attended to.
Kindly note that email@example.com only attends to municipal account-related queries.
Accounts Customer Care section operates from
Monday to Friday 8:00 - 16:30
Tel: 0800 20 50 50 (Option 1)
Other contact details:
IVR Account Application queries:
NMBM Mobile APP Assistance:
Submit proof of payment/receipt:
Residential Account Queries:
Business Account Queries:
IVR AUTOMATED PHONE SERVICES OFFERED:
This service is offered 24/7 by utilising the pin number supplied upon registration.
Pre-paid electricity purchases: Tel: 041 506 5524
Voluntary meter readings:
Copy of latest statements:
Change of postal address:
Service Delivery Call Centre:
HOW TO REPORT FRAUD AND CORRUPTION:
Fraud and Corruption Helpline:
Tel 041-506 5522 or 0800 701 701
NMBM SERVICE DELIVERY CALL CENTRE & FAULTY WATER METERS
24/7 Toll Free
Tel: 0800 20 50 50 (Option 2)
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ELECTRICITY FAULTS / QUERIES
Monday to Friday 8:00 - 20:00
Tel: 041 506 5595
UNBLOCKING / RECONNECTING OF METERS
Tel: 0800 20 50 50 and Fax your receipt to:
041 506 1442 or Email to:
Monday - Friday: 16:00 - 20:00
Fax receipt to 041 506 1442
Saturday 08:00 - 18:00
Fax receipt to 041 506 1442
Sunday 08:00 - 18:00