Frequently asked Questions
6 records found...
Displaying Page 1 of 1
  • The "ATTP - Indigent Application" form can be obtained on our website and must be submitted at your nearest municipal enquiry office. Counter clerks can assist you, if necessary.
  • If you are unemployed, you will need to make an affidavit to that effect at a police station or with a Commissioner of Oaths.
  • If you are employed, you will need to show certified proof of your income, as well as a certified copy of your identity document.

You will receive confirmation if your application was successful, but the process could take up to sixty (60) days to be completed. 

Only registered ATTP (indigent) customers are entitled to a free supply of 8 kl of water and 75 kWh units of electricity monthly. It is the responsibility of the account holder to pay for any and all consumption in excess of free allocation. 

Registered Assistance to the Poor - ATTP (indigent) consumers receive 8 kl of water and 75 kWh of electricity free each month. The sewerage charge, calculated on a minimum of 11kl of water, will be written off, as well as the rates charged for the month.


Click here for more information / application and who qualifies for ATTP.

An ‘estate late’ account applies where the registered owner/occupant of a property passed away. The account will become an ‘estate late’ account once the NMBM is notified via a death certificate.

If the deceased had a will and a beneficiary is stated in the will, a normal transfer has to take place and the required deposit must be paid if the beneficiary is working and his/her income exceeds two state pensions. If the beneficiary is unemployed or his/her income is less than two state pensions, the MBM will transfer the property free of charge unto the name of the beneficiary. Please take note that the monthly account has to be paid after the deceased passed away. If the beneficiary is unemployed, he/she can apply for ATTP. 

You are the legal owner and Reside on the property seeking assistance.

The total gross household income (of Owner and any Co-owner's living on the property) is less than two state pensions per month. As of 01 October 2023 this amount is R2090 x 2 = R4180. per month. (Note that this amount is increased, with Publication of SASSA increases on 1 April of each year.)

There are many other criteria – see the ATTP Policy on the NMBM website ( for detailed information in this regard.


Using a Touch Screen?
Click below for instructions to fix Touch/Swipe issues experienced in Microsoft Edge.

Show me the fix! No thanks
This might take a while depending on your connectivity.
Please be patient while we search the entire site & all its modules for you...